Wildfire Response

© Sarah Anne Risk

Click here for a printable PDF of Community and Government Assistance


We have distributed 25,000 N95 masks to growers and farmworkers in response to the wildfires. We currently do not have many on hand, but please let us know if you need more here.

The Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation has donated over $100,000 to the Community Foundation Wildfire Relief Fund to support lost harvest wage assistance for farmworkers. Farmworkers who have been affected by the wildfires are encouraged to apply for aid at UpValley Family Centers or On The Move depending on their city of residence. Application instructions in Spanish can be found here.

If you'd like to join the Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation and other community leaders in funding this important effort, thank you for donating here.


Community assistance is available regardless of immigration status.

Rent and Emergency Assistance 

Upvalley Family Centers (Calistoga, St. Helena, Yountville residents) 707-965-5010

On The Move (Napa, Yountville, American Canyon residents) 707- 251-9432

Food Assistance

  • Salvation Army 707-226-8150
  • CANV Food Bank (7 locations) / Meals on Wheels / Friday Free Markets: 707-253-6100

Insurance Guidance

United Policyholders - webinars to guide people through navigating their insurance and through the recovery process.

United Policyholders First Steps After a Wildfire: Spanish | English


Legal Assistance

Disaster Legal Assistance Collaborative - Free legal services for those impacted by the fire including assistance with the FEMA application. 

Hotline: 888-382-3406

Disaster Legal Services Flyer: Spanish | English

American Red Cross Disaster Relief

The Red Cross is providing $450 to households whose homes were confirmed to have been destroyed or sustained major damage from the recent California Wildfires. Aid may also be available for those who have lost work because of damage to their workplace even if there is no loss to their home. Red Cross will not ask questions about citizenship status. to Those affected are encouraged to apply by calling 800-RED-CROSS and selecting option 4.


In most cases, government assistance requires a social security number. In some cases, non-eligible immigrants may apply to get assistance for their children if they are US citizens or eligible immigrants

Lost Wage Assistance/Federal Disaster Unemployment Benefits

Workers who lose their jobs due to no fault of their own may be eligible for Federal Disaster Unemployment benefits.

Eligibility: Spanish English


  1. First step - If you have not already, apply for an EDD account. (View what you need to apply)
  2. Next step - Apply for regular unemployment benefits. The highest level of benefits are paid to approved applications of the regular unemployment benefits. Disaster funds usually supplement regular unemployment benefits. Claims can also be filed by telephone at 1-800-300-5616 /For Spanish, call 1-800-326-8937.

For assistance with the unemployment application, contact the Napa County Employment Services Division at 707-253-4277 for help in English or Spanish. 

Housing Assistance/FEMA

Information for Napa County residents

Register for FEMA by calling -1-800-621-3362 or apply here

Eligibility – SS# or SS# of minor in a household who is a US citizen


Cash Assistance

CalWORKS - Provides cash aid to eligible, needy California families to help pay for housing, food, and other necessary expenses. Non-eligible immigrants may apply to get assistance for your children if they are US citizens or eligible immigrants. For more information about this program, visit the cash aid website

Food Assistance

Disaster CalFresh - A way to meet the temporary nutritional needs of disaster victims, regardless of immigration status, within a 30-day period, following a natural disaster such as a flood, fire, earthquake, or any other natural disaster. D-CalFresh provides a month's worth of benefits on an Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) card which can be used to purchase food at authorized retail stores. The first step is to apply for regular CalFresh Benefits by calling 1-877-847-3663.