Fields of Opportunity - Summer Mentor Program
A collaboration between Napa Valley Grapegrowers, Napa Valley Farmworker Foundation and Napa Valley Unified School District, Fields of Opportunity is an innovative mentor program connecting local students interested in a career path in the wine industry, to a paid summer job. Students will have an opportunity to work with four Napa Valley Grapegrowers throughout the summer to learn various aspects of the vineyard business. Topics to include: viticulture, vineyard operations, mechanics & specialty training, safety & HR, winery & cellar work, social media, pricing & branding, and more!
- June 12 - August 4, 2017
- Supportive Learning Environment
- NVUSD Students 16 years or older
- Application opens March 1, 2017
- All applications must be received by May 1st to be considered for an interview
- To apply, students will need to submit a resume and essay answering the following question - "What would this opportunity mean to me?"
- Candidates will be contacted by an employer partner for an interview the week of May 22, 2017
- Space is limited to the first 50 applicants
- In Spanish - Click Here
- In English - Click Here
APPLY VIA THE NVUSD CAREER READINESS WEBSITE - CLICK HERE
This event is only available to NVG Members.
NVG Members -- Click here to login
Not an NVG Member? -- To learn more about the benefits of NVG membership, contact Jenna Sanders
, or use our online form to