Maintaining our ability to farm is central to the viability of our industry as we navigate through this pandemic. As the growing season moves from winter to spring, our vines continue to grow. The NVG advocated for farming to be included as an essential industry, and with that, we take responsibility for ensuring the safety and wellbeing of our workforce very seriously.
We are committed to continuing to provide Napa Valley growers and vineyard managers with resources in English & Spanish to promote enhanced safety protocols in the vineyard and winery. Please utilize the resources below.
Napa County Resources:
- COVID-19 Napa County Homepage
- COVID-19 Situation Updates
- Public Health has a detailed investigation process that is detailed in the documents below:
Call 707-253-4540 (Monday-Friday, 8-5pm) or email: Coronavirus@countyofnapa.org.
What happens if an employee tests positive for COVID-19?
- In addition to the investigation process, Public Health offers bilingual support services to the individuals, households or families that test positive, which may include some case management services, food drop-off, medication pick-up, and other need-based services during the isolation and/or quarantine period. All assistance is free of charge. Financial support services may also be available.
- Public Health understands that testing positive can feel overwhelming, but it should not be stigmatized. It can happen to anyone, however, following preventative measures can dramatically reduce the potential for infection.
- If you are an employer who has an employee that tests positive and are concerned about exposure, don't hesitate to contact Public Health. Every case is unique, and Public Health can provide guidance and information to prevent the spread of disease.
Additional Agricultural Resources: